sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge ram 3500: Having some issues that even the dealer is

Customer Question

Having some issues that even the dealer is struggling with if your around maybe ypu can help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
An issue with the brake switch circuit could cause all of the warning lights you're seeing so you may very well just have one issue. If a fuse is blowing it's because of high current draw on the circuit, a fuse blowing after having the dash out is most likely due to a wire being pinched and shorted to ground.
What fuse is blowing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I forget which fuse it is right off hand, but I noticed I'm still able to shift into drive without pressing the brake so it definitely thinks the pedal is being pushed constantly and also the remote start won't work because of that as well as the cruise control
Are you able to find what fuse it is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Honestly no I do t remember and it has not blown again :-/ it was in the center somewhere in the rows with m18, m35 or the row with m37..I k ow that's terrible information but it's not blown now and I just went through every fuse earlier until I found a bad o e and replaced it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't plan on getting g on here for help so I never made a note of the fuse which is stupid. I k ow the dealer said o e fuse had a 30 amp in it and was supposed to have a 40 amp and they replaced that and the lights went off until about half way home and it all went off again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know if this helps
The fuse is no longer blowing but there are warning lights on?
Do you know what fault codes are currently setting in all modules?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No :-/ I'll do some digging tomorrow see if I can get you better info, sorry I'm new to this diagram stuff
Let me know what you can find out!