How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Your Own Question
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Dodge
Satisfied Customers: 35490
Experience:  ASE Certs
Type Your Dodge Question Here...
Ron is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dodge viper: I have 01 Dodge Viper with 11k miles, I rarely

Customer Question

Hi I have 01 Dodge Viper with 11k miles, I rarely drive the car, when I drove the car before my coolant temp was always in 190degree mark no matter if it's 90degrees outside or 50, about a week ago I was driving on a freeway and all of a sudden temp gauge went all the way to red and the coolant light came on. I stopped the car right away didn't notice any steam. The coolant level was good. After I drive the car the coolant level stayed around 220 or so. Today I drive the car again and the temp flexuate from 200-230, the coolant level is full the fens are working, no steam. What can it be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are having if you are sure the cooling system is full and the fans are operating properly sounds very much like your thermostat is sticking and just due to the age of it alone I would start with replacing it and see if it clears the problem. I suspect it will .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, the problem was with water pump. I would like my money refunded for the answer you provided. Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Not a problem, all you need to do is contact customer service and request a refund and they can process it for you.