Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Check engine keeps coming back after reset, did oil

Customer Question
Hello, Check engine keeps coming...
Hello, Check engine keeps coming back after reset, did oil change properly as recommended. Only thing I did was taking the air intake box and replaced it with the performance cone, but no sensors anywhere near there. Went and did the intake system cleaning
today as they put the cleaner through the intake and the gas tank, and reset , car seemed to function better but still feels choked... The truck doesn't stall at all The check engine is steadily on The exhaust tips and muffler where shortened to be under the
truck and not sticking out, nothing drastic I know of was altered on my truck. And I pit 35 12.5 20 tires few weeks ago. Could you please help ? I have attached s photo Adam(###) ###-####
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/18/2015
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 3 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
What code do you have?
P1521
P1404And
serv4wd
We took transfer case a part cleaned up and put all new atf and sealed it backWe added ATf to front and rear differential .
There is an update for the PCM to correct the P1521 shown here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o8zidh5tu3yged/Oil%20type%20flash.pdf?dl=0
And you will need to run the diagnostics for code P1404 to determine the issue. The test is shown here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iebmh8dkgiycyef/P1404.pdf?dl=0
And for the Transfercase I will need to know the codes in the TIPM.
Brad