Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

5500: 2008 dodge diesel 5500 would just lose all power n shut…

Customer Question
2008 dodge diesel 5500 would...
2008 dodge diesel 5500 would just lose all power n shut off, and then it would lose all power and blow black smoke at 2km/h
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 2 days by:
6/20/2015
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
You may have a couple different issues going on at the same time. The poor power/smoke issue is most likely an injector or lack of boost, but the dying issue may be separate. A sticking turbo actuator is a likely cause of the poor power and smoke, although with a properly functioning aftertreatment system you shouldn't be seeing any smoke.
The first step in diagnosing the problem is to see what fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?