tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owned repair shop for 25yrs
14541291

Ram van 2500 5,2: 03' ram van 2500 parked it at store, went

Customer Question

03' ram van 2500 parked it at store, went in, came out wont start and guage cluster dead. 20 minutes later started right up,ran for a couple of minutes then dies . try to start up cranks but no start and gauges don't work again let sit for awhile then starts uo and dies again. swapped all relays and fuses still doesn't work . let sit for awhile then starts up and dies ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you
this sounds as if you may have a bad instrument cluster itself,,these wont start when the cluster does this..
sometimes when it wont start,you can slap the top of the dash to jar the cluster,the cluster will begin to work and it will start,but,you will need to replace that cluster..
you can get a good buy on a used cluster from your local salvage yard or from www.ebay.com
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
problem was fuel pump shorting out causing the problem
ok
did you find the problem?