Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am getting the trouble codes P0300 and P0304 -- random…

Customer Question
I am getting the trouble...
I am getting the trouble codes P0300 and P0304 -- random cylinder and #4 cylinder misfiring. I recently (two weeks ago) changed the camshaft sensor AND crankshaft sensor but these codes have reappeared. What are your thoughts on the next possible problem?
It will have the problem but then sometimes run very well and then randomly start to act up again.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/17/2015
Dodge Mechanic: I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
I. Silva
I. Silva, ASE Certified Technician
Hello...welcome and thank you for using justanswer.
The trouble code P0304 can be caused by bad ignition coil ,spark plug wire or a bad spark plug itself ,I would check and replace if needed.
The P0300 can be related to the first code ,I would fix the misfiring on cylinder number 4 first.
Good luck.
let me know.
Thank you.
If it had a bad ignition coil would it have a separate trouble code? How would you suggest I fix the #4 cylinder misfire?
No . the code P0304 is for cylinder n4 misfiring ,like I said ,you will need to check the condition of the spark plug on that cylinder ,check for white spots(burned) on the spark plug wire and also check if spark comes out if the cylinder number four tower on the ignition coil pack.
If you don't find anything wrong ,the next step would be checking for compression on that cylinder and if good ...check for pulse at the number 4 fuel injector ,replace it if needed.
Good luck.
Please rate my answer if I have helped ,ask for additional info if needed.
let me know.
Thank you.
Jerry, Master Mechanic