sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge: I recently bought an well maintained '05 Ram 1500 with

Customer Question

I recently bought an well maintained '05 Ram 1500 with the 5.7L engine. Has approx. 141K miles, and runs well. I decided to change the plugs, since I did not have a maintenance record. After changed the plugs, and reinstalling everything, when I started it, I noticed a slight vibration, or "humming' noise at around 2000 rpm. When I drove it, the engine has plenty of power. Prior to the plug change, the engine was smooth at any rpm.
All plug and coil wires appear to be tight, the intake air temp. sensor was reconnected. I had installed a GForce Performance chip prior to the plug change, and with it in or out of the intake air sensor ckt. the results were the same - still a slight vibration at approx. 2K rpm.
Any suggestions on what could have caused this problem?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't received any response in almost 2 days - and I paid the $5 initial fee. What happen with the mechanic that was initially assigned to this inquiry?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the problem truly is a result of replacing the spark plugs and wasn't present before I would first suspect one or more plugs were damaged or they are incorrect. It could also be a coil or plug wire issue.
Are any fault codes setting?
You specifically raised the RPM's to the same area before replacing the plugs and are 100% sure it wasn't happening before?