Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Caravan: 2001 caravan 3.3 code p0205 tested injector plug

Customer Question
2001 caravan 3.3 code p0205 tested...
2001 caravan 3.3 code p0205
tested injector plug with noid light flashes on and off
checked # ***** wire from pcm plug to 10 pin plug wire check out fine
also switch injector with another on and code did not change
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
also had new injector harness and pcm two years ago
i have also changed fuel rail do to leak
all new injectors
also new coil pack do to no spark on #5
also i checked all wires in injector harness and harness coming from pcm to 10 pin plug
pcm had lifetime warranty so replaced that too
6/16/2015
Dodge Mechanic: b5demon, Dodge Technician replied 2 years ago
b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician
Hi Welcome to just Answer! Have you tried swapping the injector with another cylinder just to make sure it's not an injector issue?
was the pcm replaced for this issue now or was that prior to this issue?
yes i have swapped injectors same code
the pcm was replace two years ago when the injector harness was fried which fried the pcm
also i just replace it for this issue now cause everything was pointing to the pcm
the noid light says everything is ok voltage and pcm signal
ok it is acting like a pcm issue but since you replaced that already and swapped the injector you will need to double check the wiring harness we have seen some issue where the wires get brittle and tit will light the noid light and test ok but can't handle the full current load to fire the injector
so i have to check for voltage on the supply wire
yes and compare it to the other cylinders also check your engine grounds to make sure they have a good connection
already checked my engine ground wires and made sure they have a good connection
also i'm going to have to tare it back down to recheck #5 injector plug no easy access to them on this van
ill respond back later with results
ok let me know what you find then
ok so 1 3 5 have voltage at 10.8 volts battery voltage is at 11.6
i also checked for pulse from the pcm and they all have a pulse singal
you shouldn't be loosing that much voltage to the injectors have you tried replacing the asd relay that is what powers the injectors
so I read about the asd relay and it's the same as the fuel pump relay and a couple other ones so I swapped them out and got the same results
ok that means the relay is ok but you may have high resistance in the wire from the asd relay to the injectors
ok so i did a voltage test from the 10 pin connector on the supply wire and
with battery at at 12.2 I got 10.97 and according to what your saying that would
be a big voltage drop so how do i find that wire to be able to test it for resistance
correct
do you have the same voltage at all the injectors?
at the injectors i'm getting 10.82
ok the feeds all come off one splice in the wiring harness it sounds like that splice may be your issue
ok so i know there is one supply wire going into the harness and they splice six wires to it to go to each injector
im not seeing how this could be and issue when i'm getting 10.82 volts at all injectors and when running all injectors are working except number 5 have to go to work ill get back to you tomorrow
let me know what you find at that splice
b5demon
b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician