sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge ram 1500: Our 1993 dodge ram had a new dash put in.The

Customer Question

Our 1993 dodge ram had a new dash put in.The origina cracked up under Louisiana heat.Now the seatbelts are lcked.Two wires under front seats with white ends when attached together releases the seatbelts but drains the battery.What didn't the dodge repair shop do?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
I'm assuming the truck is actually a 1994 with the seatbelt retractors in the seatbacks.
The seatbelt retractor locking is controlled by the seatbelt timing control module which is mounted on a bracket under the center seat in the front. I'm wondering if the module isn't actually there if you're connecting wires under the seat to unlock the retractors.
Do you see a small black module in the area that you're connecting these wires?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I.m sorry, it is a 1999 model.My husband says that there is a small black module under the middle seat.
Is the module plugged in? Is that where wires are being connected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We might have to remove the seat to check this out. I'll let you know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you send us a diagram of how this connection is suppose to look? Is it possible to maybe need another module?
I'm unable to post directly from the service information due to copyright.
There shouldn't be any stray wires. The wiring at the module should be in the electrical connector.