Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Dodge Ram 1500: I have a 2006 ram 1500 2wd. the brake light

Customer Question
I have a 2006 ram...
I have a 2006 ram 1500 2wd. the brake light and abs light will come on and go off intermittently for some time now, and I've been thinking it is probably the abs speed sensor on the rear axle or the output speed sensor on the transmission - just haven't gotten to replacing them yet. My real problem is that yesterday the transmission would not shift into 3rd - 1st and 2nd are fine, but it will not upshift into 3rd. Can the output speed sensor also cause this problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/13/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 2 years ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! You may have 2 separate problems here. The ABS issue may be a speed sensor in the rear differential, but that sensor will not affect transmission shifting. Have you had any codes checked yet?
Chris
Had to get a reader... one code showing - p0068
Hmmm, P0068 is a TPS/MAP sensor correlation code. Should not affect transmission shifting. Do this: Clear the code and drive the truck a few miles. Then read the codes again. Let me know if that same code returns.
Chris
The code did not come back and the shifting problem has disappeared. I hate when that happens.
I know. I hate that too. Well based on what we have found so far, i am thinking you may have a problem with the MAP or TPS sensors. If the problem returns and that code Comes back, then I will send you a diagnostic procedure for the code. If it does not come back then must have been a software glitch possibly. Do a good visual inspection of the wiring harness near the throttle body and PCM just for good measure. Maybe you will see something.
Chris
Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman