Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Challenger srt8: i have a 2008 dodge challenger srt8. i bought

Customer Question

i have a 2008 dodge challenger srt8. i bought the car used and the sirius satellite radio has never worked. i have tried to get it activated but i get a "module failure" signal
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Ok, what is your question today?
Thank you,
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a Dodge Challenger 2008 srt8
I bought it used. It has a factory installed Sirius radio. It has never worked. I get a "module failure" signal when I have tried to have it activated.
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delayed response..
Your response is basically the same as your original post. No actual question asked...??
I'll assume that you want to know what should be done...
Unfortunately, the agent from Sirius is correct, If a "Module Failure" message is showing up on the radio you have no choice but to take it to the dealer for diagnosis. The problem could be something as simple as a loose or disconnected antenna wire or it could be that the radio or Satellite Receiver needs to be replaced (which depends on which audio unit yours is equipped with, some have the satellite receiver internal to the radio, some have a standalone satellite receiver).
The only way to tell what the failure is is to have the vehicle scanned. The codes that are retreived will tell the tech which path to take...
Let me know if you have additional questions and we can go from there...
Thank you,
Robert
______________________________________
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer!
Thank you!
Robert