Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge Charger R/T Hemi: My 2006 dodge charger R/T hemi has

Customer Question

My 2006 dodge charger R/T hemi has been making an awful noise in the engine under the semi cover. It sounds almost like a loud stock car or bad muffler when you accelerate. I know for a fact it is not the muffler, cuz its localized right under the semi cover under the hood. When you shut the car off, it kind of sputters and shakes a couple times. Please can you give me an idea of things it could possibly be? Thanks
Jane Beers
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I better not be charger a monthly fee. I do not want to sign up for a free trial. Its just a one time problem
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jane, this is a one time deal.Can you tell me if the cover is on the side of the engine or more towards the center?Is it tin or plastic? Even if you could post a photo here for me it would be great!Let me know.