Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just had timing belt and water pumped changed. Now when car…

Customer Question
Just had timing belt and...
Just had timing belt and water pumped changed. Now when car heats up it starts spitting and sputtering when I push the gas all the way in
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/5/2015
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 3 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!

My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. NOTE: The deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.

What kind of vehicle do you have and what codes are active in the PCM?

Brad

I Have a 99 dodge intrepid. There are no codes In the ecm. Also I checked the cam shafts and sensor they seemed to be good. Also checked all wires and wiring harness's but nothing that looked out of the usual. It seems to start spitting and sputtering missing on any acceleration

Sounds like you need to recheck the timing..