Richard, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Over 26 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.
18534624

Have 2007 dodge 6.7l cummins have replaced lift pump; injector

Customer Question

have 2007 dodge 6.7l cummins have replaced lift pump; injector pump ;3 injectors; fuel pressure sensor; truck cranks runs good but only run 2200 rpms; shows 10k lbs. fuel pressue at idle; but drops to nearly nothing as trottles up; has been egr deleted
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Richard! I'm a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep tech with 23+ years experience & I'm going to try my best to help, so let's get started!
You haven't mentioned replacing the fuel filter. If you haven't, you most likely have a restricted fuel filter. Did you replace the fuel filter?
Have you checked fuel supply volume at the HP pump? Pressure is not important, volume is important. If you have, how many ml do you get in 10 seconds of operation?
Since your getting 10k at idle and it starts good with no long crank time, that tells me your high pressure system is ok and you most likely have a fuel supply problem (kinked supply line, restricted fuel filter, etc). Start by checking the amount of fuel getting to the high pressure pump. The fuel supply line is the line with the quick connect fitting. Remove this line, hold it into a 1 L graduated container and operate the transfer pump for 10 seconds and you should have over 500ml in 10 seconds.
Thank you,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm just checking in to see if you still need help with your vehicle?
Please let me know!