Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  25 years automotive expierience, Nissan factory trained, Subaru factory trained.
2921078

1500 pickup crew cab: My 2002 dodge truck just started running

Customer Question

My 2002 dodge truck just started running hot. I put a gallon of anti freeze in it about 1 week ago. Should I replace the termostate and radiator cap?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,If you had to add a gallon of coolant then it's leaking someplace. You should have the system pressure tested to find the leak then replace the affected part. If you had to add a gallon because of it boiling out of the overflow then it would be a good idea to replace the thermostat. From here though it sounds like you have a leak and that needs to be addressed. It wouldn't or shouldn't overheat if it's full of coolant.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you with this.Thanks.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.