Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Grand caravan: Can the wrong oil 5W20 instead of 5W30 cause

Customer Question

Can the wrong oil 5W20 instead of 5W30 cause a senor to go off. The sensor caused van to shut down while driving
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! No. Although it is always recommended to use the correct oil, using a 5w20 instead of 5w30 will not cause a sensor to fail or cause the van to shut down when driving. The sensor itself just failed and will need to be replaced.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Let me know if you did and if it answered your question. If you have more questions, please let me know.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you!
Chris