Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ram 1500 quad cab 4.7L: My 02 dodge 1500 died and will not…

Customer Question
My 02 dodge 1500 died...
My 02 dodge 1500 died and will not restart
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
6/1/2015
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!
My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. ***NOTE*** This is not a FREE site, the deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.
Sounds like you probed the wrong wire and damaged the PCM.. What codes are in the PCM?
Brad
P0841 trans fluid press
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
P0841 is setting in the TCM. The PCM is the module that controls the engine. I'm certain that it's not awake if the ASD and fuel pump relays aren't being controlled. Your truck has an a/c pressure transducer rather than a switch and if power or ground was jumped at it's connector then it would have damaged the PCM.
Another sign that the PCM is down is the voltmeter and fuel gauge most likely won't come up with the key on.
If the PCM is down it could be an internal failure or a loss of power or ground. In this case the failure is most likely internal since the problem happened from jumping terminals at the a/c transducer.
If fuses are good it would still be best to test the PCM powers and grounds before condemning it, but it has almost surely failed.
sprinkles08
sprinkles08