Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

07 dodge nitro rt 4.0 getting code p0171. Have already checked

Customer Question
for vacuum leaks and replaced...
07 dodge nitro rt 4.0 getting code p0171. Have already checked for vacuum leaks and replaced MAP sensor. Acts like a misfire and when at stop lights my chk eng light flashes and interior beep sound. Took it home. Sat for 4 days. Then I put that map sensor in and reset the computer. Drove for 4 days and the light came bk on and acts like its missing again. Or that its flooding out because of a false lean code. I lost 4mpg in 15 miles! I don't think its the o2 sensors but I could be wrong. What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
During the 4 days of driving after putting in the Map sensor it drove great. So don't think it could be a coil. Plus when I get the codes on my dash board where the mileage is at by turning ignition on and off 3 times I never get his fire codes even though the chk eng light is flashing...
5/30/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
The check engine light flashing means the computer is seeing a direct engine misfire and in most cases providing you are sure there are no vacuum leaks is usually caused by a failing spark plug and or coil. In some cases the computer will not always set and store any engine misfire codes. You can usually take a look at the misfire monitor count on your scan tool and see the effected cylinder. Is you scanner able to read the misfire count?
Ron, ASE Certified Technician