Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2005 Dodge Stratus automatic transmission won't change from…

Customer Question
My 2005 Dodge Stratus automatic...
My 2005 Dodge Stratus automatic transmission won't change from first gear to second gear, and it's acting like it wants to stall briefly when I'm idiling.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
5/29/2015
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 3 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!
My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. NOTE: The deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.
The very first step in repairing your vehicle is going to be determining what is wrong, and to do this you will need a scantool to retrieve the codes from the Transmission control module. Once you have the codes then you will be able to run the diagnostics for each code to determine the cause of the issues..
Can you have the codes read and post them here?
Brad
Brad, the codes are: 720, 325, 731, 700, 732. Here is the weird thing: my car works fine when I get into it and drive it a little, but then after a little while it won't shift from 1st into 2nd gear. When it is working, it's not shifting hard or anything like that. Do you suspect this may be a solenoid / knock sensor problem? Thanks.