Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2004 dodge ram 5.7: noise coming from steering left front tire

Customer Question

noise coming from steering left front tire when turning wheel like rubber rubbing on wheel in side
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
LIKE RUBBER RUBBING ON IN SIDE OF TIRE WHEN TURNING
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I have seen in some cases where this is a broken belt inside the tire itself.I have also seen where this can be a wheel bearing that causes this as well.
In some cases you can tell this is the tire itself by rotating it to a different position on the vehicle and see if the noise goes away or changes pitch.If it goes away or changes pitch then the tire needs replaced.
If the noise remains the same then the wheel bearing/hub needs checked as well as the suspension components for any worn or damaged components needing replaced.
Thanks Pete