Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Journey: I have a 2009 Dodge Journey SXT. It will not start.

Customer Question
I have a 2009 Dodge...
I have a 2009 Dodge Journey SXT. It will not start. The brake is stiff, the steering wheel won't turn and it will not go out of park. The lights come on the key still locks and unlocks the car. But nothing happens when I try to start it not even a click noise. I tried getting it jumped and I tested the battery it is good. I also unplugged my battery for an hour or so in hopes it would reset things. I have no clue what else to do or look for and I really don't want to have to get it towed to the dealership.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
5/27/2015
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!
My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. ***NOTE*** This is not a FREE site, the deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.
Is there a red security light on in the dash?
Brad
The only thing that lights up on the dash is the mileage. I haven't seen a red security light
Dodge Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
do you have another key to try and start the car with? also does the ignition turn to run and accessory? do the brake lights come on when you press the brake??
No I do not have another key. But we tested the key and it doesn't say bad key. The brake lights come on and it does turn to run and ACC.
Ok if there is no security light and brake lights work it could just be a starter , are you going to attempt to fix yourself ? How far do you want to go or are you just looking for a heads up on what it could be ?
And let me ask is this the push start button or do you have a physical key that you need to turn? Forgive me my journey is a 2013 and I'm not sure what year they started the push Button starter
Jerry, Master Mechanic