Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Dodge Durango SLT: I have a 2004 durango slt. My left brake

Customer Question

I have a 2004 durango slt. My left brake light quit working. Replaced bulb, still not working. Any advice? Right side is fine.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** is very common for the socket plate to short out on these, we do alot of them, when you pull the light assembly off, there are three screws holding the plate on, the plate is where the bulbs are inserted, it is easy to check if you have a test light or a volt meter, do you have either of these?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
ok, at the connector for the tail light assembly on the drivers side, do you have power on the white/tan wire, when pressing the brake pedal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Never mind, cancel this action please. Thank you anyway for your time.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I discovered that I had replaced the wrong bulb.......duh. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
ANYTIME MY FRIEND,TIM