Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge 3500: 2008 dodge 3500 6.7 Ac worked last summer and this…

Customer Question
2008 dodge 3500 6.7 Ac...
2008 dodge 3500 6.7 Ac worked last summer and this spring it doesn't. Compressor won't come on. System was still charged. But reading was resting as 100. Thought the pressure switch may be reading to high. I replaced the pressure switch and vacuumed the system. Went to recharge the system and same thing. Pressure builds up and compressor won't kick on. No codes either. It has power at the compressor checked with a dmm. 14volts with engine running. The compressor spins so its not locked up. I'm lost what to do next
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/26/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 3 years ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Has the vehicle been scanned for codes? At this time we need to scan the Vehicle to see if there are codes stored in either the TIPM or the ECM..
Let me know and we can go from there....
Thank you,
Robert
Yes it had a open circuit on the fan and a high pressure switch code. Cleared them and no codes now. I have a mechanic buddy with a snap on and couldn't find anything wrong.
Well if you get power at the compressor and a good ground on the other terminal on the a/c clutch harness connector, the only thing left is the a/c compressor clutch... Usually this is not available separately so you will need to replace the a/c compressor to fix this concern....
______________________________________
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer! .
Thank you!
Robert
This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.
If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark My Profile Page(Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it
If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.
If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...
If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.