Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Dodge: , i have a 99 Dodge Durango 5.2L 4x4, and i am

Customer Question

Hello, i have a 99 Dodge Durango 5.2L 4x4, and i am having a couple mechanics disagreeing with what the problem may be. SO, "SOMETIMES" it will not go past 30mph, once it hits 30MPH the RPM starts to rocket. then other times here and there it will drive normal. ( when i drive it to see a mechanic ) i checked the trans fluid and it was fine, then when one of the mechanics checked it again it was really low, but even then i am being told that it is either my transmission, or a sensor of some kind. it shifts pefectly fine so i ont know who to go with, and i want another pros opinion before i spend the extra funds... any thoughts?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Is the check engine light on or has it came on recently?
Has it been scanned for codes by either of the mechanics?
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert