Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge grand caravan: I change the a.c. compressor,explanation…

Customer Question
I change the a.c. compressor,explanation...
I change the a.c. compressor,explanation valve, dryer but the a.c. won't charges the clutch will not engage check the relay there is no clog in the line.what switch makes the clutch engage
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
Change expansion valve, the clutch work for a little while yesterday. Cut the van off for a little while now back to not working, I valcumed the system but no go
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/26/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Hi
There are 2 pressure switches, but to replace them, without electrical and pressure testing diag when forcing the compressor on by jumping the relay, would just be guessing and it seems enough of that has been done.
Will the compressor run and make cold air when jumped?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris