Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I need Diesel Particulate filter restriction - Ash Acumulation

Customer Question

I need Diesel Particulate filter restriction - Ash Acumulation for 2007 dodge Sprinter 2500 freightliner
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! Do you have the appropriate scan tool to perform the procedure?
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I don't have
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
computer says; Diesel Particulate filter is gone,
My engine of dodge Sprinter 2500 freightliner loosing power, because of that issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So what is your answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2007 Dodge Sprinter 2500 freightliner
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where are you Chris?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is that everything for $28.00
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please give me answer or i want refund $28.00, don't tell anything that I already know, or refund me $28.00
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
ok, well what it means is that the DPF is full and a regeneration procedure needs to be done. This can only be done by either driving the van at freeway speeds for about 20 miles, or with a scan tool. Does the van run ok?
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
One other thing you may be able to do is to remove the DPF and have it cleaned out with a steam type pressure washer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One my fiend has computer for sprinters, he check by computer and computer found issue, it says: "Diesel Particulate filter, so didn't get any help from you, i was asking for part: It's diesel Particulate filter, so actually i didn't get any help from you. Reason, why my engine loosing power, it is because of Diesel particulate filter. Because I didn't get any help from you, I want refund $28.00. I cannot pay you $28.00 for nothing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How to clean up woth pressure washer, if it works, i will be happy
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Oh, I see. I thought you wanted to know what to do when you get that DPF code/message. So you want the part number for the DPF?
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so if it works, I will be and apreciate you for your help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i don't know part number for DPF, what does mean DPF
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Only that i know, should fix or replace Diesel Particulate Filter, ok, found out DPF i Diesel particulate Filter
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Ok, to clean up the DPF, remove it from the exhaust system. Then use a hot/steam type of pressure washer and clean it out by spraying it through both ends. Keep doing this until the water flows out clear. Then reinstall the DPF and have your friend reset the computer with his scan tool. That should work for you.
I hope this has helped,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I found it says It is on computer P242F
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is the correct code. So do the clean procedure that I said, and then clear that code with the scan tool.
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry Chris, i apologize for my behavior ,I thought, you could not help me, once again thank you for your help, i herd new DPF is very expensive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where to find hot steam washer, I don't know.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Not a problem. I am sorry for misunderstanding you at first. Where are you located? I will see if I can find someone who can wash it out for.
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in Louisville, Kentucky.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should use only hot steam or both hot steam and hot water together.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Well Steam would be best, ***** ***** water will probably work ok..
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
You can rent a pressure washer at Sunbelt rentals. They are located at*****Louisville, KY 40218. Their phone number is(###) ###-####
I hope that helps,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much for your help.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome!
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, would you do me a huge favor when you get a minute? Would you please rate my service using the rating system? I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank you!
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
How is it going Faro? Any luck getting your DPF cleaned out?
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem?
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you!
Chris