Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge Ram 2500: My theft deterrent system in my 2004 Ram 2500…

Customer Question
My theft deterrent system in...
My theft deterrent system in my 2004 Ram 2500 has tripped. I didn't even know it had one for the 2 years I've owned it until now. The truck won't start, the lights are all flashing. I put a new battery in it but the system won't reset. It does not have keyless entry and I'm using the only key the dealer gave me (that has worked until now).
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dodge
5/21/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 3 years ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you!Send me the VIN number. I want to see what kind of security system you have. Then we will go from there.
Chris
3d7ku28d34g227724
Thanks. I will look it up.
Chris
Ok, based on that VIN number, this truck does not have a factory alarm. It must have an aftermarket one. So try this: look under the dash around the steering column for a small black push button,Or on the bottom of the dash. If you see it, turn on the ignition and push that button. Let me know how it goes.
Chris
Wow! Found it. Had to pull part of the panel apart but eventually there it was. Sure would have been nice for the dealer to have told me it was there but I assume the Original Owner never told them. What a pain in the A$$!Thanks! Appreciate the help!
Aha! Yes!! I was hoping you would find it and glad you did. Well now you know it is there huh? Glad I was able to help you out and thank you for allowing me to assist you tonight.
Chris
When you get a chance would you take a minute to rate my service? If you have more questions after you rate, no worries I will still assist you.
Chris
Thank you,
Chris
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and wondering if I was at all helpful in helping you figuring out the alarm issue in your truck. If not, please let me know why so that I do not make that mistake in the future.
Thanks
Chris