Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

3500: 1999 Dodge 3500 diesel. code p1698 present in pcm. No

Customer Question

1999 Dodge 3500 diesel. code p1698 present in pcm. No communication with tcm. symptoms are, all gauges inop. on cluster except for tach., odometer flashes mileage 4 times on start up then reads "no bus", and transmission won't shift into overdrive during road test.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This fault here can be due to an internal electrical issue with the TCM itself.I have seen the TCM fail before and it can short out the data circuits leading to the other control modules as well and cause this issue here and had to replace the TCM.If you want I can see if I can post the diagnostic test steps for this code and help with them just let me know if this is something you would like to do.
Thanks Pete