Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I have a 2007 Sebring that just keeps turning over even when

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Sebring that just keeps turning over even when I let off the key. It will not start... can someone help me???
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
The continued cranking when you let off the key is a normal condition, This is a newer feature called "Tip Start". Tip start can be a bit confusing when you have a "No Start" issue as the starter continues to crank even after letting go of the key... Many people think that this is a malfunction when in fact it is not...
As for the "No Start" concern, have you made sure there is fuel in the tank? Did you notice the check engine light on recently?
Was there any strange things that may have happened during the last drive cycle?
Keep me posted and we can go from there...
Thank you,
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing out of the ordinary... there is a check engine light on now and my husband scanned it and it is p0700. ... a couple months ago it came on and he scanned it and it said control module... my problem is I don't have money to just pit have parts at it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a half tank of gas or more... and it said gas cap several times when I started it recently
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Neither of those scenarios should cause a no start. The P0700 is for a transmission related concern and the Gas Cap message would not cause a no start.... At this time I recommend a fuel pressure test. Can your husband access a fuel pressure tester and run a fuel pressure test? If you need the procedure, I can round that up for you...
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no fuel prussure... the fuel pump is not coming on at all.
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
If the fuel pump is not coming on, the post common cause for that is a fuel pump failure... To be sure, you will need a multimeter to check for power and ground at the fuel pump connector.. This test must be run while cranking for accurate results....
Let me know if you need some diagnostic info to check for power at the fuel pump connector...
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.
If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks!", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark My Profile Page(Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it
If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.
If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...
If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.
My goal is to answer your question to your complete satisfaction, and would like to earn your business now and in the future.
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert