sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Caliber: having a problem with my clement control dial will

Customer Question

having a problem with my clement control dial will not turn to defrost air only comes out the vents know matter where the dial is set! another problem i am having is my ac is not working i just had alternate replaced with the pulley and belt before winter! i have a 2007 dodge caber 2.0 13000 miles
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the knob won't turn then the problem could be in the control head itself, the mode door cable may be bad, or the mode door itself may not be moving. What would need to be done is unhook the cable at the control head and see if the knob will then turn. If so then the cable can be unhooked at the mode door and see if the door will move by hand. If so then the cable will need to be replaced.
If the a/c button does light but the air doesn't get cold then you could have a few things going on. Low charge or a compressor issue would be most likely, the first thing that should be done is check system charge.