Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Dodge sprinter: Window panel removal on 2006 dodge sprinter

Customer Question

Window panel removal on 2006 dodge sprinter van ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 2 years ago.
Window panel removal on 2006 dodge sprinter van ? ???What are you referring to as the "Window Panel"The Door Panel?Which "Window Panel"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Passenger side inside plastic panel that would expose the glass track and motor so that I could get my window back up or try to repair it.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”.Here is Factory Service Manual proceduressee attachment below.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry this is not what I want
It's a 2006 dodge sprinter van with electric windows
There are no screws on this door and the door handle is recessed
Can you do better ? Thanks
Sorry this is not what I want It's a 2006 dodge sprinter van with electric windows There are no screws on this door and the door handle is recessed Can you do better ?/???IF you are referring to the Passenger Door, that IS Factory procedures for a "2006 Dodge Sprinter Van"..... 2500.
It shows "both" Manual & Power Window Door Panel
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it was a passenger van
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm on and iPhone and on the road. It's so light you can't read it. Just try posting a
They one for the 2500 passenger van on all the other versions and maybe I can make out and see that
Yes it was a passenger van ???I did not ask for that info..........The procedure I supplied is right out of the Factory Service Manual for a 2006Here is the only other infosee attachment below
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has low when the crank as your photo show this is not the correct one the handle was recessed it's electric window can't be current by handle there is no handlethis is for electric windows. There is no handle crank handles like your photograph shows
It has low when the crank as your photo show this is not the correct one the handle was recessed it's electric window can't be current by handle there is no handle .of course there is NO handle.........You have "electric windows"As I posted, the diagrams show "BOTH".....Manual (crank) & "Electric Windows", which you would remove the Switch Panel as it shows, then remove the 2 screws behind it.Please "reread" the instructions............
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but it's not my door or something
Had three people reading your manual
and all think it's not the right one
The only thing we could remove is
The handle on passenger-side but
That doesn't expose any screws
I guess I'll go to a dodge expert and have them
Help. Sorry to bother you
Either your vehicle is Not U.S.A., or you have a different Interior package, as I posted the "Factory Service Manual" procedures twice.sorry for the issue, but I cannot see or touch your vehicle, so I am using your information that you supply............I will OPT OUT & Relist to see if someone else has more infoPlease DO NOT respond to this or Rate, as it will Lock the QuestionHope you get it going
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
I'm thinking that this is what you are after. I'm posting a procedure that someone used to repair the window regulator on their driver door. This procedure will also work for your passenger door if the small roller inside the window lift track has broken...
Attachment: --Click here-- to view.
Let me know if this is what you need and if you need help, let me know....
Thank you,
Robert
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Here is a pic of a door panel. I highlighted what must be removed to access the Screws. and the approximate location of the T30 Screws...

Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
______________________________________
Please remember, this is a PAY Site...The Deposit you have posted with JustAnswer DOES NOT credit me until you leave a "POSITIVE" rating... Please Remember, my answer is based on the information you posted here, so feel free to add any additional information you feel may be helpful...When I have answered your question to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate my service to complete the transaction...Bonuses are ALWAYS Appreciated!... Need more help? Just ask... you can follow up on this question even after you leave a Rating! If you are not satisfied with my answer, let me know by clicking the "Reply to Expert" Button.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No picture came
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Click the following link to view the pic....
Click here to Visit
Let me know if this worked...
Thank you,
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's dark here now but I'll check in the morning. I think you hit it with those colored pictures !!! Thanks a bunch
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Cool. Keep me posted...
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Robert
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please kindly"Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question!
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Robert the info didn't help. I took it to a dealer and they showed me how to get it apart. First you need to grab and pull panels off. Three of them Two on the door and one on the door frame
Then take out on bolt.
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
No Problem, That is exactly what I was trying to explain to you but sometimes it is better to be there in person to show how to "Pull" the panels off to access the mounting screw. The 3rd panel was referred to in the document that I posted.....
Either way, I'm glad you were able to successfully remove the door panel and get to the window regulator. If you happen to need additional assistance, let me know and we can continue if necessary....
Robert
______________________________________
Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.
Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...
Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for good answers is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...