Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Neon: I have a 2004 dodge neon that will not move. I jack it

Customer Question

I have a 2004 dodge neon that will not move. I jack it up and when I put it in reverse it will show it is going about 10 mph on the speedo but the tires are not moving
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you! Something either broke inside of the transmission, or you have a broken axle CV joint. Inspect those front axles closely. If you see nothing broken, then the trans will need to come out and be opened up and inspected.
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did just change the passanger CV axle seal, changed the transmission oil, and changed the transmission mount. Any more thoughts when I pulled it into the garage it ran fine.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Well maybe that axle did not get fully seated back into the splines of the transmission, or the splines where the axle goes into the wheel hub are stripped out. Recheck your work. Put the car in park, have someone hold one of the front tires. Then you try to turn the other tire. If you can freely turn one wheel without it trying to turn the other one that is being held, then something in the axle(s) or the trans is slipping/broke.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem?
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I received your last reply and no I don't need anymore help
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Ok, great!. Now if I have been helpful with your problem, would you take a minute and rate my service? I get no credit unless you do. Also, if you have more questions after you rate, I will still continue to help.
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 years ago.
Would you take a minute and rate my service? I get no credit unless you do. Also, if you have more questions after you rate, I will still continue to help.
Chris