Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Dodge: Tim, 2002 Intrepid (3.5) with DTC P0056. Replaced

Customer Question

Hi Tim, 2002 Intrepid (3.5) with DTC P0056.
Replaced with Mopar originals, had PCM refurbished.
2 weeks later valve guides broke loose.
Pulled head and realized timing belt had broken and bent the valves (before I purchased) and seller had just replaced belt.
Had both heads rebuilt, fired it back up and STILL have P0056.
Any ideas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

0056 means the bank 2 sensor 2 O2 sensor heater is not working from a faulty sensor or damaged wiring or computer failure.

At this sensor verify the black wire is ground. The brown/gray wire should be power from the PCM (connector 3 pin 10) with the key on.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey Chris, Thanks for the suggestion. Gotta find my meter Laughing but wanted you to know I had seen your answer and hadn't forgotten about it. Give me a day or two and I'll get some feedback for you.

Super