Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Rt10 viper: I need to change the gasket on the thermostat housing.

Customer Question

I need to change the gasket on the thermostat housing. And is it wise to lower the lower the temp by putting a 170 degree th instead of a 190
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
Actually the factory thermostat should be a 195F. It is not good to lower the engine operating temperature, as it is designed to run at a specified temperature.
.
However, the least I would go with it would be 180F, that is not a far amount from the original and still enough to where you won't have any closed loop operating problems.
.
Thermostat
53041078 $89.70
.
.
….
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks and come again, anytime.
.
.