Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500. The speakers on the right side

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500. The speakers on the right side suddenly stopped working though the tweeter still functions. Any ideas?
Thank you
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 2 years ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.This can either be the Amplifier or "each" Speaker (not unusual), you will need a "test speaker" to check the speakerssee attachment below.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..
typically it is the speakers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already attempted replacing the speakers without any luck. I guess it IS the amp that is mounted to the 6x9 front speaker? Correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay, I must apologize. I just rechecked the system with a "test" speaker and none of the right side speakers are working. I did hear a "clicking" from the right tweeter as I connected/disconnected the test speaker.
.
sorry for the delay............
Did not know that you tried a test speaker, as that was not in original question.........
.
as you can see by the Diagram, the Tweeters & Front & Rear Speakers come off the AMP for that side
IF "none" of the Speakers are working & you have Voltage + on the BLACK / RED wire with Key & Radio On, then it is likely the AMP.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I DO have power. I guess I have to bypass that AMP or get a new system. I do not see those AMP's available unless used.Thank you
There are still some that "rebuild" those AMPs, but you have to send Speakers & AMP in last I saw was over $200.00....been a couple of yearsMight be able to find working one on E-Bay, but make sure you get the "Model Number" on yours.IF installing Aftermarket Unit, you can wire past the AMPs, or if you install a Factory Dodge Unit that is "internally amplified", you can bypass AMPs also.