Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2007 dodge rt, hemi 5.7 it has what feels like a

Customer Question

I have a 2007 dodge rt, hemi 5.7 it has what feels like a fuel cut miss at 3,500 rpm. also codes p1129-1128- and p2110
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Have you done any diag or repairs for these codes?
Are the symptoms form reving the engine in park or from driving the vehicle at and above 3500 rpms?
There are about 8 Dodge vehicles which are RT level, which model car or truck is this?
Codes 1128 and 1129 are for the engine staying in the warm up mode open loop. The most common reasons for that are the fuel pressure wrong, coolant temp reading incorrect and faulty PCM. The 2110 electronic throttle body code can be caused by the other 2 codes.
-
It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this condition comes on after about 25-m..p.h.under heavy throtle I have not done anything except replace plugs and air filter -- I cleared all codes and cleaned throttle body-- it will do it every time you accer, heavy but under light throttle it is fine -- I have 43 years and a.s.e. since 1991 but I am simi retired and have limtes to test equipment
Once I know which vehicle we are working on, I can then help more.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will send you i.d #vin in a.m.
Super
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2b3ka53h47h880681- 2007 dodge charger rt. plum crazy purple,,, it has close to 125,000
Thanks, ***** ***** do the steps below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/07charger1128.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok I have the repair flow chart but all I have is a basic code reader and ohm meter -- with power probe -- I was hopeing that you had faced this problem before and might be able to give me a known repair for this . I can do some dignose and don't mind as I said I am a a,s,e, tech with 43 years behind me ,,, if you want to call me(###) ###-####mo. time
Prior I did mention the most common causes but do not base spending money on those parts on that because one failure on one car will not always be identical as another. Diag can confirm 100% for sure that one part is purchased and replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did check coolant temp sensor temp sensor there was a 11 degre. diff.. replaces coolant sensor it did drive better and but it will still act like a fuel cut at at 5,500 R. P.M.
Did you ever do the diag steps for the code you sent me. Prior it was a 3500 rpm issue, now its a 5500 rpm issue?
Have you monitored the fuel pressure during this issue to see if its dipping low?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
also tested fuel press, it was 58-62 #
Once you have done the diag steps I sent, report back then.