Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Dodge Durango: I felt a jerk and afterwards my engine would

Customer Question
I felt a jerk and...
I felt a jerk and afterwards my engine would just rev up but my Durango would not engage. It's a 2005 sxt with 125000 miles. Is my transmission shot?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
I tried shifting to 2 and 1 and got the same result. Also heard a "grinding" noise when it was in any gear
5/3/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.From your description it dose sound like something let loose in the transmission and if it will not engage in any gear then unfortunately you are likely looking to at least removing the transmission and a tear down to determine what has broke internally. The grinding while in gear indicates something has stripped out and or broken not allowing the transmission to engage..
Ron, ASE Certified Technician