Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Dodge Durango: I felt a jerk and afterwards my engine would

Customer Question

I felt a jerk and afterwards my engine would just rev up but my Durango would not engage. It's a 2005 sxt with 125000 miles. Is my transmission shot?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried shifting to 2 and 1 and got the same result. Also heard a "grinding" noise when it was in any gear
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.From your description it dose sound like something let loose in the transmission and if it will not engage in any gear then unfortunately you are likely looking to at least removing the transmission and a tear down to determine what has broke internally. The grinding while in gear indicates something has stripped out and or broken not allowing the transmission to engage..