Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Chrysler: changed crankshaft sensor and it still wont start

Customer Question

changed crankshaft sensor and it still wont start and still gives crank shaft sensor code
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is*****'m a 16 Yr Dodge dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...

Hello there,
Welcome to our site. I just finished reading your question and I need a little more information. Can you please let me know...

-What year is your Dodge?
-What model is your Dodge?
-How many miles are on your Dodge?
-What type of engine is in your Dodge?
-What have you already tried?

And thank you for trusting me with your problem. I am passionate about what I do and am looking forward to helping you in any way I can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2001 chrysler pt cruisor with 141000 miles 2.4 l engine and its the limited edition the code im getting is p0320 which is crankshaft sensor i changed it with brand new and am still getting the same p0320 trouble code car still wont start

Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
Is the timing belt ok? Did it shut off while driving?

Does the engine sound like it's freewheeling?

Brad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes timing was done at 122000 miles yes it shut down while driving and no cranks over like normal just wont start

Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.
Was it a OEM sensor you used? If so then you will need a scantool at this point to see if the PCm is recieving the correct signal from the CKP..

Let me know,
Brad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok i hook a scan tool to it and it is not reading comes up as linked error it read a 01 mazda but not my 01 cruiser

Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 years ago.

You could have a PCM issue..

Brad