Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

caravan se: my 2003 caravan stopped running ,no codes no lights.

my 2003 caravan stopped running...
my 2003 caravan stopped running ,no codes no lights. crank sensor has been replaced still no spark. battery is good .
could a bad fuel pump cause this no start & no spark condition?
2/19/2014
Dodge Mechanic: Stonyman, Ase Master Technician replied 8 years ago
Stonyman
Stonyman, Ase Master Technician

Stonyman :

Hi. I will give you some suggestions and you can get back to me for further questioning or replies, since you are currently not online. I will check back a little later. If you are not getting spark, you could have few things bad. A cam sensor, coil, wiring , or a bad powertrain control module. You should see if you are getting fuel pressure. Usually the only time you will lose fuel pressure and spark at the same time is something other than a bad fuel pump. Do you have test equipment, or a scanner handy?

Stonyman :

I see you are online now.

Stonyman :

By the way which motor?

Customer:

coil pk has been replaced I'm not with the van now. didi check pressure on fuel ril only by removing cap and got a dribble of fuel

Customer:

3.3 v6

Stonyman :

Do you have a scanner to check codes? What test equipment do you have available?

Customer:

palm scanner only ,no codes shown

Stonyman :

Do you have test equipment? I'm asking these questions to get a feel if you will be trying to do this yourself or are looking for suggestions. The no start tests can get pretty involved and may require some special test tools, like a voltmeter, fuel pressure guage ,etc.

Customer:

suggestions for my mechanic

Stonyman :

Ok. We can start with a few things to test. First we need to know if it is just a loss of fuel and spark or just spark. HE will need to test the cam sensor, it is on the front of the motor up top. It mounts into the top of the timing cover. HE will need to test the connector for power(voltage reading with key on), ground, and back probe the signal wire and crank to see if it will make a test light flash. It has three terminals, power from the controller, ground, and a signal wire that runs to the module. Also check for any wire rub throughs or corision damage under the battery, and along the harness in the upper engine area. They are common for cam sensors, and pcms(modules) going bad,

Customer:

thanks,have checked wire harness under battery.i'll see if he checked cam sensor

Stonyman
Stonyman, Ase Master Technician