How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Virtual Wrench Your Own Question
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Dodge Mechanic
Category: Dodge
Satisfied Customers: 14620
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
Type Your Dodge Question Here...
Virtual Wrench is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

dodger ram chargr: I have a 1988 Dodge Ram Charger with a 318

This answer was rated:

I have a 1988 Dodge Ram Charger with a 318 TBI, I was wondering if I can replace the 318 with a 360 TBI, the 360 was a option for this year and if so what if anything will I have to change. Thanks

Is the 360 a 1988 engine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it will be a long block or ome crate


Yes, it will bolt right up to the transmission and engine mounts and all accessories, like water pump, alternator, etc...will bolt right up.

Virtual Wrench and 2 other Dodge Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry forgot something, on the 360 will all vac, elec match as well

No Problem,

Yes. Especially if you get a crate motor. You will just have to swap sensors and switches and vacuum ports coming off the intake.