Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Jeep Grand Cherokee: Master Amedee, I tried to send this

Master Amedee, I tried to...
Master Amedee,

I tried to send this question yesterday but may not have been logged on properly.
2004 Grand Cherokee, 4.0l...184,000 miles
Error Code : P0141 Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Bank 1, Sensor 2
I have: A.. replaced the Sensor, assuming the placement of bank one is the closet to the front off the car, sensor 2 being the after catalyst sensor.
B..inspect all the wiring back to the ECM, cleaned all the connections including the one on the ECM with Electronics cleaner and reseated them.
C.. Cleared the engine code light with My Actron code reader
D..Cleared the code by disconnecting the battery
E.. Stamped my feet and thrown my Car manual in frustration!
Any suggestions as where to look or go next?
10/22/2013
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your question today...

I'm a 15 Yr Dodge Dealership technician, and it looks like Amedee is Offline.. I can help if you would like..

Brad

OK Brad

What do you think?

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply and allowing me to assist you with this matter..

Since you have replaced the O2 and the wiring looks to be in good shape, there is a software update to correct this.. Click HERE to view. You will need to have your nearest Jeep dealership updat ethe PCM which usually runs less then $100 to be performed...

I hope this helps, and if you need anymore assistance don't hesistate to ask
Brad
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Thanks XXXXX plans have just changed.

-Brad-
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech