Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

durango: have a 00 Durango with the 5.9. the tranny would not

have a 00 Durango with...
have a 00 Durango with the 5.9. the tranny would not pull when I bought it. the fluid looked like gear oil. I changed the fluid and filter and it started pulling good. after about 25 miles it quit pulling again. the filter and pan were covered with what looked like tar. I changed the fluid and filter again but it will not move backwards. tranny will not allow to move backwards even with engine off. I would like to experiment with it. what do you think has locked it up from rolling backwards. also what is the difference between a 99 and 00 . both areXXXXXwith the 5.9.
9/17/2013
tims auto repair

Hi,My name is Tim,

I will do my best to assist you

sorry,but there is no good nes here..your a518 transmission is done..the reason it locks in reverse is because it is sending fluid to places it isnt suppose to be,,also,,from the way you explain..the frictions are worn out as well..the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced..

the 99 and oo are the same

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer,Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

tims auto repair
tims auto repair
tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic