Neal
Neal, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  30 years experience in Dodge Chrysler and Plymouth
17294534

Dodge Stratus SE: When the car is just running idle...there

When the car is just running idle...there is a vibration from the steering wheel and the rpm gauge reads up by the 1 mark...is this proper? Need tune-up? Clogged fuel injectors?

Hello I'm Neal and I am here to help resolve your issue. If I cannot help I will opt out and refer your question to another expert.

The first thing to do is a tune up. If there is no check engine light then that is by far the most likely problem and is the first thing you need to rule out. Just a set of plugs to start and see if it helps. Let me know what you find and I will continue to assist as needed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK...I understand, but what about the rpm gauge reading what it is? Is this a sign of idling too high? Because of clogged fuel injectors?

It is likely just the computer trying to compensate for it running bad. Although another possibility is a vacuum leak, though that would typically cause a check engine light. It could be the injectors but that is less common by far.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Neal!

You are very welcome, hope you get luck and it is just the plugs! That is the most common problem with those symptoms.