Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

caliber: How do I replace the alternator in a 2009 dodge caliber

How do I replace the...
How do I replace the alternator in a 2009 dodge caliber sxt with a 2.0 engine?
4/25/2013
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Replacing the Alternator on this vehicle is best done from below the vehicle working upwards (because ultimately, the Alternator is going to come out through the bottom). You'll need to remove the lower splash shield (aka air dam - just a few mounting screws around it's perimeter) and the A/C Compressor will need to be unmounted and repositioned (no need to discharge the system, it can stay in tact while accessing the Alternator). So as long as you can gain access to the underside (jack stands, ramps, etc) you should be fine.

The procedure to remove/replace the Alternator is a bit lengthy, so to save time and space, I've wrapped up the procedure into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF procedure HERE
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Hello again! Ron Z here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~ Do you still need more help?
~ Confused by my info request or answer?
~ Need more time?
~ Confused on how the site works?
~ Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thank-you! If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you, just bookmark this page so you can access my profile more easily and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Thanks,
-Ron Z
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -