Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge Dakota 4X4: Hello sir. Need the wiring diagram or schematics…

Hello sir. Need the wiring...
Hello sir. Need the wiring diagram or schematics complete for a 1997 Dodge Dakota 3.9 l 4X4, extended cab. Would prefer bumper to bumper, complete electric electronic schematics, please. Any which way you can help me in this matter, would be greatly apreciated. Thank you.
2/14/2013
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

There are just over 200 wiring diagrams for your vehicle that Dodge has available. This is not the format to upload that many diagrams. It would take 5-6hours and not economically feasible for an expert to spend that many hours uploading that many diagrams for the offer amount.

If you can narrow it down to the circuit you need, I can help. Otherwise, you need to get a subscription to AllData or Mitchell on Demand for a month for $25 to spend a day downloading all the wiring diagrams available

Ok, well this is what happened. There was a wire loose close to the tranfer case u-joint, this wire got tangled, and pulled the wiring harness from around the shaft position sensor, speedometer, etc. The wires were mended matching the colors, but there is so many that we cant be sure of the order in wich they correspond. So now we have shifting and speedometer problemes from the transmission computer, or so we can tell. If we reconect the speedometer sensor, we get poor shifting, and if it is disconected we have fair shifting but no speedometer. This is pretty much what happened, and the problem that we have.

Ok, there are 4 wiring diagrams for the transmission controls. give me just a few minutes to upload those

Here is what is available from Dodge for the transmission controls:

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager