Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

durango: where is the valet/ override switch located on my

Customer Question

where is the valet/ override switch located on my 2008 durango? I know its a sprinloaded switch under the dash but I cant seem to find it. help please my alarm is going off and the key won't stop it!!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodge expert replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. This sounds like you have an aftermarket alarm system installed? Or are you dealing with the Factory System
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

factory system

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what i need is a location that is more precise than under the dash

You have already tried resetting with the battery cables. The only thing you can do from here is using the key lock and unlock the driver's door three times this will sometimes reset the system. If not using a scanner check to see what trouble codes are being stored in the memory you may have a faulty sensor. Also try using a different key. And also try removing the battery's from any key fobs that you may have as these can some times interfere with the system if the batteries are starting to go dead
I really hope that I have succeeded in fulfilling your expectations. If there's any reason at all that you need more help or a better explanation feel free to ask me. Remember I do not get paid until you accept, the even if you may to deposit. The most important thing to me is positive feedback, so please give me the opportunity to correct any problems or to make you completely satisfied. And please remember to leave positive feedback.