Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Dodge Charger SE: 2007 dodge charger wont start

2007 dodge charger won't start...
2007 dodge charger won't start
7/14/2012
Daniel, Dodge Technician

Daniel :

Hi, I'm Daniel. Welcome to Just Answer. You cannot ask to many questions. Only positive feedback needed while in info request. Lets get started.

Daniel :

Are all of your lights working and the radio and such?

Customer:

the lights come on

Customer:

hello danial, sorry I'm jamaar

Daniel :

good deal

Customer:

the story is i had a guy putting in a new deck

Customer:

with speakers

Daniel :

Yes

Customer:

an out of no where it won't start

Customer:

it makes a "clicking noise" in the trunk

Daniel :

is the security light on?

Customer:

no

Customer:

what does it look like

Customer:

nothing comes on

Daniel :

In case one of the hot wires was grounded you will need to check fuses. everything that has to do with battery or ignition or

Daniel :

I would check witres to the radio if I were there.

so I am going to send you a diagram so you know which wires should be used.

Customer:

ok so thats why the radio doesn't come on but lights come on

Customer:

ok thanks

Daniel :

unless you have amanual with diagram and have checked the wiring to make sure it is good already

Customer:

no i don't have a manual

Customer:

no i didn't check the wires i know nothing about car!!

Daniel :

I am going to switch us to Q and a so I can send you diagram. I cant send it through chat .

Customer:

the guy that hooked it up said he did

Customer:

ok

Daniel :

Ok then you will have it so it can be used a reference

Daniel, Dodge Technician
so is it the radio? thats not allow the car to start?
,so is it the radio? thats not allow the car to start?

click here for diagram. ,of course you will have to know your new radio's wire color and id. But I am pointing at a bad fuse or a missplaced wire. unless by chance the starter has just gone out. in which case you would simply check for voltage at starter connection while cranking the engine or attempting to. Please let me knowif you need anything else. I wouldnt think it would be a bad idea to check all fuses just incase.

Thanks Daniel

Please follow up with me.

do u know what fuse it may be could it be the rely fuse ?
click here of course the window wiper relay wont be needing checked but the relay one and the accessory and running relay do. and all fuses. You can trade relays around if they are the same make up. They should show the same numbers. Thanks for letting me clear that up. and please know I am here for any further questions.
ok this diagram is for the fuse box under the hood can i also get one for in fuse box in the trunk?

yes one moment.

Click here Thanks for following up with me.
is this diagram for a 2007 Charger? 3.5 L

Yes

unless i sent you the wrong cars fuse box. Let me recheck.

Thats yours.
the numbers on the fuse box don't correlate with the ones thats on the diagram
Ok I will take a look tomarrow2007 dodge charger won't start

Country: United States
Make: Dodge
Model: Charger SE
Year: 2007
Engine: 3.4L

Already Tried:
Disconnect the battery, jumping the battery, touching the two disconnected battery cables together.

Detail Required: HIGH; Urgency: HIGH

This is the info I looked it up on so make sure its right.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Daniel, Dodge Technician