-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

1995 dodge ram 1500: have a tranmission wiring diagram..my 98

Customer Question

hi do you have a tranmission wiring diagram for both a 1995 and 1998 dodge ram 1500 i took the transmission outta my 1995 dodge ram 1500 and put it into my 98 and noticed the plugs were different can i make an adapter using a plug from both and match up the wires to each proper location and make it work?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 years ago.
Hello welcome to JustAnswer, My name is Brad and I will be assisting you. Did the 1995 have a 2 wire connector and the 1998 have a 8 wire? Thanks, Brad
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what do you mean by 2 and 8? there are only two places for conecters on the transmission

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 years ago.
Hi Marcus,

Actually there is 3 places that use connectors:

I was asking because the 1995 is probally a 46RH which has a 2-wire main harness connector, and the 1998 is a 46RE and has a black 8-way main harness connector..

Please tell me which connectors are different.. Thanks!
Brad
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will you please send me the transmission wiring diagram for a 1995 dodge ram 1500 2wd 5.2l and a 1998 dodge ram 1500 2wd 5.2l
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

all of the connectors on the 1998 are different i tried pluging them into the transmission but they are different because the transmission that is currently on my 98 came out of my 95 and yes the 95 is a 64 rh

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 years ago.
Hi Marcus,

It sounds like you installed a 46RH transmission into a 1998 Dodge which has a 46RE.. The difference is that a 46RH is a hydraulically controlled governor, and a 46RE has an electronally controlled governor.. The 2 are machined differently and the 2 are different inside.. Unfortunatly you will not be able to interchange these transmissions.. I suggest replacing the 1998 vehicle with a 46RE..

Here is the wiring for the 1998:

The 1995 is here:

CAV CIRCUIT FUNCTION
1 L10 18BR/LG FUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT
2 T41 18BK/WT PARK/NEUTRAL POSITION SWITCH SENSOR
3 L1 18VT/BK BACK-UP LAMP SWITCH OUTPUT