Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

dodge: with a 360 5.9 liter..completley..9 hydraulic roller/

Customer Question
what and where can...
what and where can I get computer modifications done to my1997 dodge ram with a 360 5.9 liter. the engine is completley stock except for the cam and valve train. comp cams part#20-604-9 hydraulic roller/will operate from 900 to 5200. cam grind #264HR-12 duration / 512-512 lift and a lobe seperation of 112 degrees. The heads have had screw in studs and guids installed as well as ground for bigger springs. Compition cam told me that computer mods will have to be done. What mods will have to be done ? and can I get away with out them. Where can I get these mods done? again part # XXXXX comp cams /cam #20-604-9 hudraulic roller / valve train kit part#1425kit consists of 1.6 magnum rocker arms,magnum push rods,guide plates and screw in studs which replace factory push in studs, also the springs have had the seats enlarged to accept larger springs to accomadate for cam lift. Please help with what computer mods that have to be done and who I might find to do these. And as always saving money is a large part of rebuid. already $6500 in parts and machine shop cost and motor has not yet been installed. Please help with anything you can. This was my seventeen year olds first truck. Drove it for 6 months and the oil pressure started to fade to zero at idle. So we opted to pull it for a performance rebuild.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/15/2012
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 6 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Brad :

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer...My name is Brad and I will be assisting you today.....

Brad :

Im impressed with the mods you have done....Curious to the rwhp when you install it....Anyhow about the PCM upgrade.....I have used http://bgspecialists.com/ I would tell them you want a "Custom" Tune and make sure you tell them everything you have done....They will need to adjust your Fuel Trim, Timing, Rev Limiter, ETC... They will know exactly what to do.... When upgrading Camshafts in a Computer Controlled vehicle CompCams are good, make sure you know either all the spec's for cam, or cam part number...

Brad :

I would not suggest getting a Programmer, as its for Stock vehicles wanting more HP....You will need a Custom Tune in order to achieve maximum HP..

Brad :

Have I asnwered you question to your expectation?

Customer :

No not asnwered to my expectations, I know that a programmer is for stock engines, and I know I will have to have a custom tune. But what I still dont know is wheather I have to take my truck to have this mod done? Can I just ship ECM to a shop verses towing complete vehicle. And exactley what changes have to be made to ECM compared to stock. Thanks any way. D.Lyles.

Brad :

You can Mail your PCM to have Mods done...

Brad :

I cant tell you exactly what Mods have to be done...But I know for sure that the Fuel Trim, Timing, Rev Limiter,Shift points, And re-mapping will be done...If it has torque management it will alos have to be removed...

Brad :

if you are satisfied with my answer please click ACCEPT so im compensated for my time...If not ask anymore questions that you may have...

-Brad-
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech