Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge Grand Caravan I am having problem with my Dodge Caravan…

I am having problem with...
I am having problem with my Dodge Caravan 2001 model, central lock system, what is happening is, when i use the key to open the driver side door, instead of all the doors to unlock, just the driver side will unlock, if i want to lock the central doors, the driver side doors lock but the other doors does not lock, now when i use the lock inside the driver side door panel, all doors locked, now, i want help on how to set get my key in order to lock all the doors when i am outside the car..
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/1/2011
Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech

If equipped with Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS), all the doors can be locked with the key by using any of the door lock cylinders. Turning the key to the lock position will lock all the doors. If a sliding door is open when this is done, the sliding door will lock when it is closed.

Holding the key in the unlock position, in any door lock cylinder, for less than one second will unlock the individual door for that lock cylinder. If the key is held in the unlock position for more than one second, all the doors will unlock.

To central unlock all doors, a second transition from OFF to UNLOCK has to occur within 2 seconds of the first complete UNLOCK cycle.

I am not sure and can not find anywhere it states if while using the key and holding it in the lock position, for more than one second will lock all the doors.

But using the remote will lock all the doors at the same time.

But the issue here is, the driver side door key cylinder cannot locked all the doors, neither can it open all the doors....
So, if you hold the key in the "Unlock" position for longer than one second, it does not unlock all the doors?
Can I get the VIN to check something?
Do you have a RKE remote?
what bothers me is that, when you sit in the car and uses the central lock botton on the driver side door to lock, the doors all, it works, you see the nob on all the doors going down, now when you pack and get out from the car, and closed all the doors and wanna use the key to engage all the doors to lock, the driver side nob will go down when you turn the key but the passenger side nob wont, same to the rear doors... and it must not be sooo..

VIN:2B4GP44311R317716

Pls do also check if this vehicle is equiped with vvt security
No, your van did not come equipped with any security system.
sorry, but your van is not equipped to be able to do the all locking feature using the key.
Can you help me with the guideline of adding after market security system to the vehicle, the wiring diagram of the car which i will have to tap...
there car is also throwing this two codes, i will be grateful if you can help me with any illustion or picture depicting the location of this sensor, whose code has being triggered on the car. thank you

p0107 and p0106...
Yes, I can do that.
I will need to know which wire the instructions say to tap into and I can tell you what color and where the wire is.
But you will need to get the system first.
P0106-BAROMETRIC PRESSURE OUT OF RANGE
P0107-MAP SENSOR VOLTAGE TOO LOW
You need to make sure the MAP sensor is plugged in and the orange wire with the pink tracer has 5 volts with the sensor disconnected.
graphic

p0107 and p0106...
I did that in my post above this one.
But it would be nice of you to accept my answer on the first problem before asking for help on something else that has nothing to do with your original question.
Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech